Grand Forks photographer Michael Bogert recently visited White Horse Hill National Game Preserve near St. Michael, N.D. White Horse Hill is a 1,674-acrethat was initially established as a national park on April 27, 1904 under the National Park Service. In 1914, it was further designated by Congress as a big game preserve. And in 1931, it was transferred to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to be managed as part of the National Wildlife Refuge System. The refuge is a popular attraction in northeastern North Dakota, receiving more than 80,000 visits each year from visitors across the United States and various other countries.