Grand Forks photographer Dave Bruner took to the roads of rural North Dakota and the Turtle Mountains and came across Swedish Zion Lutheran Church in northern Bottineau County. The historic rural church, built in 1903, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in April 2013. The stone (granite) church, which had its origins starting in 1896, when a group of Swedish immigrants established it through the Augustana Synod, is located near the town of Souris, just two miles from the Canadian border. The church served an active congregation until 1938. No longer serving as a church, it has been maintained well.